Committee on Aging
The Committee on Aging consists of twelve members, with one-third appointed each year. The committee meets to plan and carry out activities related to aging, assuming responsibility for seeing that the Monthly Meeting assists older persons in as many ways as possible. The committee is specifically responsible for providing leadership and assistance for the Allowed Meeting at Friends House (including Friends Nursing Home) at 10 A.M. on First Day, with a social hour following.
As appropriate, the committee may also:
- make available information about Quakerism through Friends House library and individual contacts;
- conduct the project of videotaped interviews with elderly members of the Meeting and maintain them as a resource;
- maintain a resource and referral file to meet the needs of the elderly, in the Meeting library and in the Friends House library. Upon request,committee members may also give advice on finding appropriate referrals;
- study special issues relating to the elderly and providing information to the Meeting;
- recruit and maintain a list of drivers as necessary for transportation from Friends House to the Meeting House for Meeting for Worship; and
- provide refreshments and volunteers for one month's birthday party in Friends Nursing Home.